Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Best Bike Ride EVER!

Okay, so Monavie is now having a "Lose For MORE Team Challenge".  So we've a entered a family team consisting of Wayne, my Son Adam, my Sister Laura, and me of course!  I'm so excited to get Adam on the program!  He is 14, and I've all but killed him with "kindness".  Unfortunately, it was time for a little tough love, as I've dragged him down the same path to obesity as we've all been down.  So, he finally agreed, with some inspiration from Petey Dandini, to get on the RVL program.

Doing the shakes is one thing, trying to get him away from the video games to do a little exercise is quite  another.  It's been a process, but we started slowly by getting him out (kicking and screaming) to ride his bike around the block one time. Then two, then three.  Now I've gotten him to ride to the local elementary school, which is about 1.5 miles away, and coming home is all uphill.  He's done great!

Today, we were having a major thunder storm, and Adam comes to me and says..."MOM!  Aren't we going for a bike ride?"  I said..."Adam, it's raining!"  He's says..."Mom, you are on MY team!"  So off we went, in the rain, on our daily bike ride!  It was the best ride EVER!!!  I can't tell you how proud I am of him! Watching him transform is the best gift a mother could ever ask for!  Then!!! Wayne gets home from work late, he missed our boot camp workout (which I also did in the rain), so he decides to go for a bike ride instead.  Who jumps up and says..."I want to go with you!"??  ADAM!   I'm blown away!

Watch out Monavie, The Carlson's are on a roll!

Blessings to you all,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment